• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pterodactyl Ascender x2 Plus Parts in Charleston, SC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopanskin

Good Day,
Up for sale is an entire bundle of Pterodactyl Ascender ultralights. All for $650. Must Pickup, i cannot meet halfway due to work and family.
Reason for selling is to put funds into my EAA biplane.
Whats included:
1 x assembled ultralight with engine and instruments.
1 x bag of brand new replacement hardware from Aircraft Spruce
1 x Assembly manual
1 x Cuyona 430R spare engine (partially disassembled, piston has hot spot, will need rebuilt)
1 x extra sail thats in good condition (few minor holes from pole rubbing on ends but can easily be fixed.
1 x single piston engine (not sure of manufacturer) that is assembled and installed on the unassembled ultralights mount.
All parts for the unassembled are included (the front canard poles that stick out from fuselage are bent at the tip. It looks like the pilot stalled when landing and might have been too high. Other than that the other tubes are good, including the canard.
The wing fabric sail that is installed on the unassembled ultralight is not airworthy and will need replaced (could use the extra sail that comes with the bundle if wanted).
There is no paperwork for these unfortunately.
No license required to fly (I would advise some instruction though).

The sail on the assembled ultralight looks good besides a small rip in a section located behind the pilot when spread out. A repair kit from aircraft spruce could fix it nicely. The engine on the assembled ultralight spins freely and has excellent compression. I haven't ran this engine in a while (prob around 1.5yrs), but could get it going good for an additional fee. I would have to hook up the fuel tank and change the plug.
There is also a parachute system included on the assembled one, and i would get it checked out or repacked before relying on it personally. The special trailer is included with this lot as well and you should be able to fit all of the lot on that trailer to haul away in one trip. That's how I got it to my house.
assembled.jpgVZM.IMG_20161226_154726.jpgVZM.IMG_20161226_154538.jpgVZM.IMG_20161226_154614.jpgengineextra.jpgmotor.jpgVZM.IMG_20161226_155054.jpgVZM.IMG_20161226_190254.jpgVZM.IMG_20161226_155758.jpgVZM.IMG_20161226_155103.jpgengine.jpgchute 3.jpg
I live in Goose Creek, South Carolina which is about 15 minutes from charleston, sc.

Last edited:
Back