• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

building more efficient .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

I have been thinking a lot on what makes a efficient builder and came to realize that the biggest part involved is the people around you. I read a lot about designers on this site that are trying to build there own vision and make it fly and I see that most of there help come's from fello builders that has a new insight on what the builder is thinking. Many times I see a member drop out of their build due to family or financial burden. Let's face it in less your building a Carbon Cub or a Zenith ect. in a group such as your EAA chapter chances are your all alone in the build. I ask how the heck can a person be efficient in their build if there is no input from an out side area? Who do you have to push you threw the hard time's? who is there to give you a pat on the back when things comes out right? I guess it all comes down too the mind set you have with yourself and the faith in your abilities as a builder and pilot, If you have someone on the sideline as support your ahead, and only the lone builder can reach out to their friend's to share in making the build more efficient but first you must pick a craft and move on to the actual build and see just how efficient of a builder you are. Don J

Back