• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Electric powered flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Authmion

I'm looking into different true FAR 103 reg's kits to possibly build, or purchase. But, I'm also looking into electric power as a refit at some point. Only issue i'm running into however, I cant find very many references that either don't turn into dead ends, or seem to end up being vaporware.... What are some good links or references to motors and controllers people use for electric conversions?

I understand battery technology isn't quiiiite there yet, vs. gasoline. However, I as well as my local EAA chapter are interested in electric in general as a proof of concept. So i'm doing some research into it.

Back