• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Composite Mobile Mini Factory - KITSTER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anvegger

Supporting Member
I am working on one very challenging idea and would like your input. This idea is based on the fact that composite construction could be presented as a mobile factory. Let's assume that there is an aircraft (or a boat, a car, or even an RV - anything) is designed and ready to be sold as a KIT. The KIT manufacturer usually hosts the shop to share the construction of that vehicle at the location Such as Sebastian FL (Velocity) or Redmond OR (Lancair) with plenty of Builder Assistance labor and well equipped hangar. The KIT's owner is invited to participate in his/ her frame construction (assembly) and in less than a year the plane is ready to fly. The problem for me is that I don't have any time to spend at the out of home location . Instead of bringing buyers to KIT's manufacturer I am thinking of shipping the KIT to the buyer in form of a Clean Lab. That would be a set of containers fully equipped with the climate controlled mini lab - ready to produce and assemble any of Composite Frame construction. The lab would be remotely video monitored with the Support Center that is located wt the KIT's design office and any kind of skills would be shared directly at the time when needed conveniently used an independent resources such as generator, vacuum pump ,HVAC system fire protection etc.

That may start from a 3D printer delivered inside of the First Container and ready to build any prototype the small scale model as an entry-level learning curve break thru production. Then based on the level of interest the KIT producer may ship the first Container (clean lab) KITSTER-I with mold(s) and Carbon Fiber (as an example) collection (raw materials + resin) to start the production of an empinnage , then the second Container (clean lab) KITSTER-2 would be with some pre-manufactured parts + molds to make an assembly fuselage etc. The combination of such a process could vary based on the process and requirements. The idea is to rent out the equipment with the tooling directly to the homebuilder's shop, that would be located at the homebuilder's most convenient location instead of in one hangar in 2000 miles from his home.

My question to the audience would be - what the set of clean lab equipment would be recommended to set up as a UNIT : power supply + vacuum pump + mixer (for resin) , may be CNC , HVAC block to produce the climate controlled atmosphere for that shop..

Back