• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Towing an LED Streamer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppergirl

Could you tow something like this as a streamer being pulled along behind your aircraft, with like a disconnect to drop them someplace safe before you landed?

500 LED led lights, 328 ft, 30volts DC 0.12A... $30

I have a 30ft string of these, but I'd want to up size to 300ft as a streamer; with the little controller, you can select between 8 or so slow glow or fast or slow blink patterns, and the wires are much more lightweight than the old green string small bulb lights variety. I'm thinking the LED stems would create a bit of turbulent drag but that would keep it taught and horizontal.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg