• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My flying motorcycle type design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragflyer

I have been tinkering with different layouts for a very simple (yeah I know thats how they all start) airplane in the flying motor cycle genre that Matthew has talked about in another thread. Simplicity has meant using single cantilevered beams (for spar and keel) using square tube 4"x4" 0.125" 6061 Al T6. The single spar and keel carry all torsion, bending and drag loads. These are not very efficient with respect to weight but minimize bracing and connections and greatly simplify the design and build time. It uses an all moving v tail again with a goal to minimize component count and connections

I am now in the conceptual design phase and expect soon to move to preliminary design. Find attached a data sheet of where I am with the design.

Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• conceptual data sheet ver 2.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Back