• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Roncz FW Airfoil as Pinch Hitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarJar

In trying to design a flying wing ultralight I found that sometimes something that doesn't make sense can be the perfect answer in a different situation.
What I'm getting at is I have a situation where I want to run the main spar behind the pilot. That puts it at about 50% back on the 8ft. root-cord.
I know some of you are going to have a lot of ancillary questions and preliminary objections, so I'll answer those as they come, but here's the question I am really seeking.....Can I use the Roncz FW airfoil even thpugh I'm not using it on a laminar wing, but instead a fabric one.
Now I don't beleive any of you really know the answer for sure, but the more I toy with this airfoil, the more seems to be the lucky pick to complete this design.
Come back and I will have some pics here for your veiwing pleasure...Sorry couldn't find no coppyable pics of the Roncz Low Drag Flying Wing Airfoil.<<<<<link!!!----+

Last edited:
Back