• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Minicoupe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skier

I figured I'd start a new thread to document my progress with the Minicoupe. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm not sure I'll ever fully build this plane. I'm more just dipping my toes in the water to see what it's like to build an aluminum plane from plans. Along the way, I hope to exercise some of my engineering knowledge (or lack thereof) to test and verify the structure.

As my first step, I'm going to try building a short section (1 ft long)of the wing. I had a coworker cut a template of the ribs from some MDF (see below).

RibTemplate1.jpg

I have some aluminum waiting at a relative's house and over Thanksgiving we're going to try bending it over the template. Hopefully I'll have more to report by 11/28.

Back