• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from Canada! Looking to build an Affordaplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rukiryo

Hey All,

I'm from Canada and am going to be in California for 8 months starting in January. I'm currently a computer science student.
I started skydiving a few months ago and sometimes I'd see ultralights at the airport. Seeing as how I'll be in the USA for 8 months
I'm thinking of taking advantage of the ultralight category that allows you to fly without a license (Canada does not have this).
I'm looking to get a license but until I graduate I don't have the time to spend maintaining that.

I'm looking into building an Affordaplane, which I love the look of the classic taildragger style, or the Cobra. I'll be building it with a roommate.
I have the plans for both and have been reading through and I'm really happy at how relatively simple it is.

Any advice from anyone who has done a first build before would be appreciated :)

(Apparently I made one of these posts 2 years ago, but that was long before I had the means to actually start building. Things have changed a lot since then!)

Back