• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fuel Burn with these Engines in my Quicksilver MXL-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armilite

===> RAVE vs NON RAVE.

My Fuel Burn with these Engines in my Quicksilver MXL-2:
Quicksilver MXL-2, with a 503UL, Solo I got 4 gph at 5700rpms, with a Passenger 4.5 gph at 5900rpms.
In the same Quicksilver MXL-2, with the 582UL Non RAVE at 5600rpms, I got 3.5 gph.
In the same Quicksilver MXL-2, with the 618UL RAVE, I got 2.4 gph.

Since I was selling 670's, I then put one in my Quicksilver MXL-2. I figured the bigger engine would burn more than the 618UL(RAVE), BUT it didn't. It was burning the same 2.4 gallons per hour. I had my 670 set for 6900 rpm Static. I cruised it at 5000 to 5200 rpms burning 2.4 gph.

Keep in mind, with the RAVE Engines you get correct port timing at low rpm's plus a longer power stroke with the RAVE Valve down.

The 618UL is really 75 hp. The 73.4 hp rating was with a Air Intake Silencer . The Main Jets drop from a 160 PTO & 170 MAG on the 670, down to a 135 PTO & 145 MAG, Main Jets on the 618UL.

Looking at that, the 618UL, could maybe make more than 75 hp?

Rick
<====

Something to Think about.

Rich

Back