• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Newbie Trying to get a Clue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheckSix

Okay, let me start off by confessing that I've been a wood/composite builder for a while now, and I'm starting to get interested in a tube and fabric project. So, please forgive my ignorance (which I'm sure you will notice that it is great) but I need to clarify some things about tube and fabric construction.

I have found one company that says their design uses, "Pratt truss construction (no Lattice)". They say that the advantage to this is a no weld steel tube airframe. I have done a search on the internet for this type of airframe construction, and I haven't found a really useful explanation of what this is. I have been reading this forum for awhile now, and I have noticed a pretty big debate going on about the welding issue. The fact that I haven't welded much in the past makes this particular design attractive to me, but I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into. Can anyone explain the Pratt Truss construction method to a Newbie?

Thanks!:smile:

Back