• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Conti 65 and Lycoming 0-145 65 hp engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

i am currently negotiating on a pair of engines, one is a Continental A-65 from a T Craft with logs, the second is a single mag 0-145 Lycoming, owner is looking for logs now. Neither have been in an experimental, so both are good for certified craft. If you have an interest, let me know.
If no interest in them, I will start building or rebuilding something. Will have total hours soon and will add to this ad that info.

Well, have the logs for the Conti 65....626 hours, removed to install a fresh engine he had. Reported 1 Qt oil burn every 5 hrs flt. time. Engine was reported running well at time of removal. Engine was pickled and stored in a heated garage. Has mags and carb as well. This engine has the Flange crankshaft installed. The Lycoming has been sitting for a few years pickled, the owner did inspect it and said little wear, his comment to me was that he would have no problem flying behind it. Came out of a Lyc. powered T-Craft.

Same person has several 85 Conti cranks, as well as one that has never had the journals ground down. He has another one which will be needing the journals ground to .020. Both are Flanged cranks. Did not get a chance to go thru the cylinders but there are several. I did see 5-6 engine cases as well, he said those were 85 cases. One did have a repair and had been rewelded. He also has a complete from the vehicle EA-81 Subaru engine. The owner is an A&P, so thus the reason for the multitude of pieces. He is wanting to sell his old house as it is in an industrial area and as he is up in years, he wants to fund a Legal Eagle project for his retirement and older age flying (He is a better pilot than me and probably better than 90% of folks flying today, but he is worried about his health and has decided no more projects after the Legal Eagle. Decided he just wants one "fun bird".)

His Mong Sport is still for sale as well. I can be reached at my name plus "At Icloud dot com

Derswede

Last edited:
Back