• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Volksplane Wing Fold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

I was looking over the Viking Cygnet plans and looked closer at the folding wing option that came with the plans. I am not an engineer and when I was in high school Algebra was optional and not for agriculture students like me... so I do know there are some bright engineer minds in here and though I would throw this out there. Of course the Cygnet is a mid wing and has a 4130 fuselage so it is structurally different for the Volksplane. But. It's a simple concept and basically involves two aileron bell cranks at the wing attachment point which allows you to remove the wing without having to take off any cables or rods that control the aileron. One aileron is attached to the wing root, the other to the fuselage. They match up. Then there's a pin, a couple bolts and hinge system to fold the wings back. I wonder if it would work on the low wing Volksplane. It's a slick idea... :)

Back