• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for this vibration mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm trying to source the vibration mounts originally supplied with Mosler engines. I suspect they weren't special for Mosler; more likely they repurposed an existing industrial mount. Anyway, I'm only interested in the rubber parts (there are 8 per engine). Approximate dimensions, not measured by me, are 1.976 diameter, .921 long, .486 thru hole (for the 1/2" OD center tube).

Mosler engine mount.jpg

Note that unlike a solid rubber mount, these would be stiff axially but compliant radially, which is important for the once per revolution power pulses of a two cylinder engine.

Dana

Back