• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bearhawk Annual Picnic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pops

Bob Barrows annual picnic was last Saturday, Oct 15th. Its on the third Saturday of Oct each year at his grass strip at Fincastle, VA.
Dallas Shell and I were there this year as usual. I don't think we have missed any since Bob started it except for one year when Dallas couldn't go and I was sick with the flu. I think the first year for the picnic was about 1997/ 1998 or so. Nice to visit with people that have become old friends each year. Good turnout this year and lots for visiting and good food. Had people from Florida to Wisconsin and west to western Tenn. Some years we have had low temps and high winds and snow but this year it was about 68-70 degs with blue skies and low winds. Coupe of pilots from the Ohio Bush Pilots Assoc made it. I'm sure everyone had a good time, I know we did.
I'm always interested in the engines that Bob builds for people, he had 3 engines is different stages of assembly, a Cont -A-65 modified for 85 HP, a Cont-0-200 and a Lyc 360 of 200 hp for the Bearhawk project that Dallas and I built and he sold several months ago.
If you can, put it on your calendar for next year.

Dan

Back