• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Spice Up Your Instrument Panel with These Bezels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopanskin

I recently 3D Printed a Bezel I designed and it actually turned out really well. I test fitted it on my EAA Biplane and it looks great. I could use some extra funds for my Biplane project, so why not make it available to anyone who wants one. I'm not exactly sure yet on a price (I'll have to do a cost analysis on time and materials, but it wont be anything crazy, it will be fair and reasonable). I'd like to see if there is any interest before I invest. The sizes I will be printing are:

The glare shield is optional*

- 3 1/8" Instrument. 3.16" Dia, with the 4 holes @ .1695" (#18) Drill* (This is the one pictured/prototype)
- 3 1/8" Instrument. 3.16" Dia, with 3 holes @ .1695" (#18) Drill, turn knob cutout (used for altimeters, rate of climb, etc)

- 2 1/4" Instrument. 2.312" Dia, wirh 4 holes @ .1695" (#18) Drill.

- Electrical 1 1/4" Instrument (has 4 holes to mount).
- 1 1/4" Mechanical Type A (offset holes @ 45deg from vertical plane). Able to do Type B, Type C, and Type D as well.

The Material fulfillment is ABS.
I can make it in any color, I would just have to order it first. I currently have black (as seen in picture) but also have red, grey, and clear(ish).
Print time isn't long (depends on size selected) and could have these for you in no time.

I am not familiar with any regs on these, besides possibly on production aircraft (please check, I will not be held responsible).

Anyways, I sure hope someone gets excited about these bezels as much as I did. I like the look and plan on using them.

(In the picture with the bezel installed, the top 2 clamp screws were not installed yet, but they do fit. I got too excited and snapped a picture before full prototype install to show my wife, and she pretended to like it lol)

BezelInMachine2.jpgBezelInstalled2.jpgBezelInstalled3.jpgBezelInstalled5.jpgScreenshot Bezel.jpgScreenShot Bezel2.jpg

Back