• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Developer wanted: 13.5m HP-24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a development partner for a 13.5m variant of the HP-24 kit sailplane, code name "Scooter." The general idea is that I provide molds, tooling, design expertise, and parts, materials, and floor space at cost. You provide labor and enthusiasm, learn new skills and technologies, and document the build process. I get a recipe on which subsequent Scooter kits are based, and you get a fun little glider at a great price.

What I'm thinking of is a simplified, relatively low-cost glider using the basic HP-24 shapes and technologies.

Specs:

Span: 13.5m
Empty wt: 375 lbs
Gross wt: 650 lbs
Structure: Mostly molded carbon fiber. Some molded fiberglass, and the usual bits of steel and aluminum in the control systems.
Performance: As good as you are going to get from 13.5m of wing
Wing: 13.5m span with either flaps (-5 to +90) OR airbrakes, but not both. Provided with upper skin, lower skin, spar, and root rib bonded together, but no controls installed.
Fuselage: Slightly shortened HP-24 fuselage, with the vertical fin moved forward about 12". Provided in separate right and left shells, but with match-drilled alignment holes for easy assembly. Choose either regular 25" or Slim 23.5" cockpit width.
Tail: Same surfaces as HP-24, except all parts provided in separate shells you bond together.
Undercarriage: Retractable 400x4 tire and wheel, no oleo, go-kart brake

But still with:
* Roomy cockpit and great handling
* Easy two-pin-and-a-thumbscrew assembly
* All controls automatically connecting
* Nose-pivot canopy
* Retractable gear

Please contact me [email protected] if you are seriously interested.

Thanks, Bob K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back