• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for Leohle 5151 Plans (full size patterns) needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normthestorm

Hi guys,

My name is Norman and I 've been building/flying RC models for 40 years. Mainly WW2 replicas scratch built or built from kits.

20 years ago started flying REAL PLANES and, so far, constructed 3 (2 x Zenith CH701 and CH750) all aluminum.

BUT, my all time favorite plane is the P51-B/C Mustang with the Malcolm Hood mod. Unfortunately, the available replicas are very costly (T51 and such) or too small (WAR P51) or made of wood (not so great in Canadian weather).

I came across a few Leohle 5151 and found the replica to be a reasonable starter point for a do over in aluminum.

So here it is, I'm looking for a set of plans (photocopy or originals) and modify them to use ALUMINUM instead of wood. Obviously ,lots of changes BUT the layouts of the bulkheads and general dimensions would stay the same.

I've got all the Tools to accomplish this feat but got no 5151 plans. I tried contacting Leohle thru their website but 3 emails later no response. I left a message on their answering machine - no callback.
Are they still in business ? Their website doesn't mention plan costs - only kits.

So, my request/question : Anybody has a set of plans that they would be willing to sell (cheap ?) or photocopy
for me to look at ???
I would glady pay for the photocopies/postage and all costs inherent... Also, if you would prefer to send the plans, I would make the copies and send the original back ASAP.

From what I can recall, those plans did include 1:1 size layouts for all parts and that is what I'm looking for. Going that route would also mean I could use fiberglass parts from the wooden 5151 version.

That's my last build and if I don't find those plans, I 'll draw them up myself if I have to.

Please help if you can,

Regards,
Norman Lambert
CH701 C-GFEU, CH750
Québec Canada

Back