• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Electrical Bonding/Gounding of Fuel Tanks - How have you done it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
I only recently ran across anything relating to electrical bonding of non-conductive fuel tanks. After doing some background, I am convinced that operating fuel trucks and airplanes and fueling said airplanes can drop a substantial charge on the surface of the fuel. We ground our metal airplanes when we fuel them, but our largely dielectric composite airplanes won't bleed much charge by clamping the ground wire to the engine...

So, among you guys with fiberglass tanks, have you installed bonding/grounding in the tanks? Those of you who did install bonding/grounding, how did you do it?

I have some ideas, but field knowledge is way more important to me than theory, which can take a guy way off track if he is not careful.

Billski

Back