• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Egnine PSRU package that is running NOW and well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billrsv4

This is the last post of a thread I started on a PSRU, (in the PSRU category), we designed and works well, and safely. This peripheral ported engine is running what we consider "small" ports and has intake tubes to fit within the cowl on an RV-3. We designed and built a custom muffler that works well and fits into the area we have in the cowl of the RV-3 (which isn't much). The following post is an update to our running on an aircraft dyno. The ports are 1.5 inches and intended for efficiency, but we have seen excellent results as the post states. We have run similar packages before and were pleased with our initial 180 HP. The post explains further testing we have done. If I can edit this post I will insert the link to the YouTube video. otherwise it will follow in another post.

HBA Group,

As I mentioned we have been running the engine PSRU package on the aircraft dyno. We are very pleased with the results. We have done some muffler testing and have excellent news. With a slightly less restrictive muffler than the one shown in the linked video, (remember we sized that muffler to fit into an RV-3), and an updated fuel mapping from the aircraft FI we are running The HP of the small port motor peaked at 190! It is a little bit poorer on the high frequency than our custom muffler but it is the highest number that we have recorded with ports this small. We are now removing the engine from the dyno and mounting it in the RV-3. We have the information we needed and hope to have it installed and flying very soon. I hope the moderator will tolerate my re-posting this in the Mazda rotary category, since some people are likely to have missed its posting in the PSRU discussion area.

Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfreUJt-Fsk.

Back