• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from Grand Coulee Wa.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bipenut

Hello all on the forum who cares to read this. My name is Dennis and my wife and I own and operate an RV park here in Grand Coulee Wa. First off I have had a passion for flying all my life. My father started me off at a young age by teaching me how to build and fly line control airplanes. In the mid 70's he purchased a Cessna 175 and I did a ton of flying with him. After I graduated from high school I enlisted in the Air Force. I became a hydraulics tech and worked on C-5a and C-141a and b. After that I came back home, went back to work at the local Chevrolet dealer as a mechanic and I did that for close to 30 years. In that time my interests turned to R/C flying (which I still do) and became good friends with a family who built a Stein Skybolt and I did a ton of flying with them in that airplane, what a blast!!! With having 5 kids I never had the funds to get my private pilot ticket. Fast forward to now, all the kids are grown and gone, now being a grand parent is great fun!! All that said, I just purchased a project. It is a Preceptor N-3 Pup Ultralight. The airplane has flown before and is covered. The wings are off and the airplane is now sitting in my shop. The engine is a Global half VW engine and is in pieces as the previous owner saw a dip in oil pressure on climb out once, it never lost oil pressure but it made him nervous so he removed the engine 4 years ago and disassembled it and that is as far as he got. The airframe is in excellent shape. I have a good friend who is a retired FAA inspector and he came over and looked the airframe over and said he would not be afraid of flying it. So at this point I plan on giving the whole airframe a good inspection, rebuilding the engine and get some formal training, I also have another friend who built and owns an RV-7 here and he also is a instructor. I joined this forum to get more feedback and information. I hope there are folks here that have experience with this airframe, engine, or ultralights in general. Please, I do not have thin skin, let me know what you think of my thoughts of finally getting into the air in this manner. I still do not have a bunch of funds but still have the passion for flying. Thanks for your time in reading this far!! lol

Back