• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Avionics Ramp Tester/Bench tester

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoeveP51

Supporting Member
I get a lot of questions from A/C owners regarding their avionics and have always had difficulty in analyzing a problem without adequate test equipment. I hated carrying around large packages and trying to find power on a ramp. How to solve this issue....

I recently ran across this tester in my Internet travels (Sun Avionics AV15 http://sunavionics.com/). They were close to me and I decided to try it out, then I purchased the AV15.

Wow, was I impressed. Talk about small and powerful. This little unit (designed and made in the USA) is just what I need to make quick checks for Nav/Comm radios, VOR check, ILS localizer and glideslope, marker beacon, DME, ADF, Transponders (A, C, S). It also has a trigger output for a scope, so bench testing becomes much easier to diagnose.

Just to let you know, I am not associated with Sun Avionics. I AM a very happy customer. This unit is something that any FBO, repair station or club should have for quick checks and verification's.

Was not sure where to put this info so figured that "manufacturer announcements" was as good as any. Check out their site and read the user manual. Anyone that plays with avionics might be interested.
AV15-Professional-Ramp_tester-small.jpg

Back