• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

4 Place wood aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akbuilder

I am looking to see if anyone knows of any other 4 place wood plane other then the Falconar Maranda? I am lookig for a 4 place high wing utility type that can go on floats, wheels and skis. I have not had any luck finding anything.:confused::(

Could a wooden plane be built that looks similar to a cessna type with the rounded corners by laminating thin sheets to make the bend over a plywood frame structure with stringers?? Or would this end up being to heavy a structure?

Can a wood frame structure be built and coverd with glass to match that look? I suppose that I would have to get something like that analyzed by engineer. I would like a proven design that I can copy but power with something like the eggenfellner subaru.

Can the cessna design be copied in wood framing and glass outer skin?

Last edited:
Back