• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The flexibility of Epoxy???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerowerx

I saw this question earlier on a DIY archery web site. The guy was making his own laminated bow, and used some type of epoxy that was flexible when cured (sorry, was on my smartphone and don't remember what type of epoxy it was). He had a picture where he took a piece of the epoxy squeeze-out and actually bent it into a circle without it cracking.

I have never seen this mentioned in aircraft construction. Although it wouldn't be a problem for the fuselage and wings---just use T88---what about a laminated wood landing gear? The situation is similar to a bow. Would regular T88 be OK? You certainly don't want your landing gear to fly apart after a couple dozen or so landings.

And would you have the same problem with a composite landing gear? Or a composite sandwich landing gear (either wood or foam inside)?

Back