• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

SDS EFI 540 Installation (Rocket)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
I've begun the installation of Ross' EFI system on the Rocket and with all the mods I plan to make I expect it to be a several month long process. I figured this would be a good place to document the installation so those interested can follow along.

2h72osx.jpg

Here is a picture illustrating the old and the new. Noteworthy is the throat area of the new throttle body on the left and the Bendix RSA-5 servo on the right. Also of note is the dual entry injector adapters that I had Ross custom make for me. The dual entry tops are not catalog items and I paid extra to have them made. More on the reason later.

2urmiad.jpg

This is a mock up servo adapter I fabbed out of MDF to see if the servo will fit in the vertical orientation like I want. It will, and I'll explain why I'm going against convention with a vertical mounting later. Very obvious is the significant discontinuity in size between the bores of the sump and the TB.

t0ns43.jpg

Here's the monster mounted up. Yes, it's mounted at an angle. The reason is so the throttle cable only has to make a single bend from it's approach off the left side of the firewall.

Last edited:
Back