• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Marske / Kollman Pioneer 4 flying wing glider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Samuel

God morning everybody,

with a recent trip to see the Horten IV at the 'Deutsches Museum' in Munich and a following the Karlsruhe AK-X ( http://akaflieg-karlsruhe.de/project/ak-x/ ) I wondered, what other 'new' Flying wing gliders there were.

I came across the Marske Pioneer 4 ( http://www.kollmanwings.com/Pioneer_4.html ) which at first glance doesn't seem to perform too bad at not such a high price?

Span ...................................................49.2 ft (15m)
Wing Area...........................................137 sq ft
Aspect ratio..........................................18.5
1/4 cord sweep ...................................-3.7 Degrees
Empty weight...................................... 450 lbs
Pilot and equipment.............................260 lbs
Water Ballast .......................................250 lbs
Performance at 685 lbs (5 lb/sqft)
Sink rate..............................................100 fpm @ 48 mph (42 kts)
L/D.......................................................48 @ 72 mph (63 kts)
Cruise..................................................24 @ 130 mph (113 kts)

Now I was wondering: Does anybody know anything more about this design?
e.g. Anything about pitch stability with the negative sweep compared to the AK-X?

Best,

Samuel

Back