• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New engine and carb. Proving not very reliable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wharvick2

Newly rebuilt Kawasaki 440a engine with new fuel pump and new mikuni carb. Performs flawlessly for 3 flights and then suddenly on fourth has a sudden loss in power. Made an emergency landing where it quit completely as soon as I pulled the lower back after touching down. Had to push the airplane off the runway. Unable to restart. Not sure what to do. I checked for spark. Seems like it's OK. Been told that fouled plugs sometimes don't spark under compression but I kinda think it something to do with the carb. I guess if new plugs don't make it start right up, that's where I look next. There is a filter immediately before it. Has me concerned. Was running 20:1 for breaking in new engine. Never ran with that high an oil percentage before Any ideas?

Back