• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fabric Covering Systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron

I was on the Stewart web site the other day checking out their Stewart wing tips for short wing pipers since I'm building a Wagabond and came across a link to their Hangar 21 site where they were advertising the Stewart System for fabric covering. Didn't give a lot of info but they answered my questions via email and directed me to a local distributor. Was wondering if anyone had first hand knowledge of their system. They advertise using water for thinners and clean up as well and almost odor free. A big plus is no harmful chemicals as in some of the other covering systems.
I used dopes when I built my flybaby and that was something I don't want to repeat. I've attended the Poly-fiber workshops at Oshkosh and found it so much easier than dope, but this Stewart System sounds even better. So does anyone have personal knowledge or even second hand info?
Ron.

Latest posts

Back