• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

N3 Pup Shock Rings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N8053H

As everyone knows I am helping a very special person with his N3 Pup. For those who many not know. This man served his country well in WWII aboard the Ship USS Renshaw. http://www.ussrenshaw.org/ I printed out this web page or portions of it for him, for he does not use any electronic gadgets. He then tells me all about most of what I was reading. He even helped declassify this ship.

But anyway his airplane needs new shock rings. I ordered some from Aircraft spruce but these are way to big in length. Leon the man I am helping will be so disappointed, He wants to taxi and fly this airplane this next week. I ordered Shock Cord Ring # 8097. Its says these are 9 something inches long. When I measure them they are around 13 inches long. I have no idea where the 9 some inches aircraft spruce advertises these at comes from but nothing on these are 9 something inches long.

Does anyone know the correct shock rings I can order for Leon? These might be able to be used if we double them over, but I have no idea how we are going to install the correct ones let alone the wrong ones.

I am in need of some help and believe I am asking in the right place.

Leon is going to be so disappointed. These just came in or arrived last evening after waiting almost a week to get them.

Thanks.

Tony

Back