• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ron Dixon and the Minicoupe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveair2

During Oshkosh this year I had the pleasure of meeting Ron Dixon. He sat down in our booth and we talked about the early days of Rockford and Oshkosh. He had some neat stories of him and VanGrunsven and others from from the early days of homebuilding. I wish I would have taken notes or recordings and pictures of our discussion. I'm learning to do such things better.

I know there's not much interest in the Minicoupe or the Teenie Two, but they do play a large part in our homebuilding heritage.
Ron mentioned that VanGrunsven and a few others helped Bill Johnson design the Minicoupe. Wish I took notes. I've always liked the Minicoupe and have heard that it is a decent flying airplane. I think it's still a viable design even in our modern times.

Thanks Ron! http://www.theminicoupe.com/

Attachments

• minicoupe1.jpg
    minicoupe1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 215
  • minicoupe2.jpg
    minicoupe2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 214
  • minicoupe3.gif
    minicoupe3.gif
    216.5 KB · Views: 201
  • minicoupe4.jpg