• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello fellow brotherins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopanskin

Hey everybody,
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am 30 years old (got a long way to go, hopefully lol) and just stumbled across a few planes that I got on a deal. I plan on repairing/flying these airplanes, and hopefully pass on the bug that was given to me at a young age to my son, who is now almost 3.
I started flying around the age of 14 at my local airport (owosso, mi) and kept at it until I turned 18 (too expensive and started with student loan debt). I would sweep the shop floor in my uncle's machine shop 2 hours a day and could afford 1 lesson a week. I eventually transitioned into a full time job there and continued to throw all of my earnings to get my private pilots license. I soloed at 17 and passed my ground exam, but got stuck in some life problems that prevented me from doing my check ride. I got the go from my instructor and he signed my book to get the check ride.... But I got cold feet.
Anyways, after that I decided it would be best to travel the world and get a free education with the USMC (there was a price in that deal I did not see - 90% disabled lol). I did my tours as a machine gunner and decided i had been through enough lol. I suppressed my aviation fix with hot rods and rc airplanes (been flying those for about 15 years). It just seemed more practical, especially now that I had a family and a needy job. But... Then I got a sweet deal and traded my hot rod for 4 airplanes... Seems to good to be true!
I will soon have an Canon EAA Biplane (fully built, just needs wing repair and fabric replaced on a few spots from a guy who bumped it with his truck), a partially built Acro sport 1, and 2 pterodactyl ascended ultralites.
I hopefully will get some good advice and guidance (plan on joining eaa again and seeking my local chapter) and ultimately just getting "connected" again into the aviation community. I've always loved aviation and that will never change (i just couldn't replace that passion with another hobby, I tried lol).
God bless

Back