• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

VW Jetta went into Coma and died.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N8053H

I know this is not aviation related. But seeing how this is a site about working on things I wanted to share what happened to my car on this forum and see if anyone has any idea's on this or have you ever heard of this?

2003 VW Jetta 1.8T Car was being driven by a family member and was parked maybe two years ago when she purchased a new car. Everything on this car worked when parked.

Jump forward two years and we decided to get this car out of the garage. We find it has a dead battery. With a new battery installed she fires right up. But wait we have a problem. Nothing is working. Not the windows, heater/ac, sun roof won't open, radio don't work. Trunk wont open, nor will the gas cap door.

We check everything, every fuse, every relay, all wires. We did find the parasitic draw and repaired that. A coil wire was chaffed and setting against the block. But nothing, we can not find the problem. We take her to the dealer. They are telling me the CCM " comfort control module " is not communicating with the computer and they can not wake it up. I said fine lets replace this CCM. They then say the computer may never see this module for the computer has been dead for to long. I am being told these things can not be woke back up once asleep for long periods.

I myself find that to be funny. I never in my life heard of such a thing. These are just computers. If the darn things is not working replace it. Maybe I am missing something.

So I google the problem and come across a couple sites. One is talking about what I am dealing with or very similar. They start talking about unhooking the battery cables and then touching both these cables together. Something about the computer can get a shock or something and this removes this charge. When I get this car back from the dealer I am trying this. But it can not be that easy or the dealer would have done this, I believe anyway.

Anyone else ever have this problem with one of these cars? Can't be woke back up. New one on me.

Tony

Back