• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pilot Complacency and not paying attention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Dingus

Is it just me, or is there a lack of respect for aircraft in general.
i headed over to the airport last evening, to get in my next 2 hours of SOLO time to meet my 20 hour Sport requirements.
i started my normal pre-flight, engine, flight surfaces, landing gear, fuel quality check.
then i look at the maintenance schedule, and notice 2 items are out of date by 3 days, Annual and ELT check are out.
i look at the rental log and notice 5 flights have happened in the past 3 days, all have been done with the Aircraft out of Annual.

this is the 3rd time i have found problems, or issues that have grounded this specific aircraft.

do we not care enough about the quality of the airplane and its requirements to safely transport us up into the sky.

it is really starting to bother me, that i seem to be the only one catching these things that we as Pilots, or in my case trying to earn my Pilots license.
the regulations are clear of what is expected of us, and what we must do for each flight.

when i look at the news there have been recently at least 3-5 air plane crashes a week (might not be accurate but feels like it)

why are we being so complacent, and only care about logging our time, regardless of what condition the airplane is in.

Robert (feeling like a lost soul in a room full of pilots)

Back