• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonja Englert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveair2

I had the great opportunity to meet and speak with Sonja Englert this year at Airventure Oshkosh. Although I have attended her forums in the past years, this was the first time to meet her personally. Sonja is one of the most interesting persons I have ever met and I really enjoyed our conversations.
She had just completed her own design motor glider and had flown it to the show for the first time. After taking these pictures, I got to help her move her plane to the flight line for her departure back to Oregon. Her motor glider cruises at 100 knots burning 2.5 gallons an hour with a VW power plant.
The outer wing panels are removable and can be flown as a conventional airplane. Take note of the cooling scoop and flaps that can be retracted during gliding.

Thanks Sonja!

http://caro-engineering.com/

Attachments

• SE01.JPG
    SE01.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 152
  • SE02.JPG
    SE02.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 124
  • SE03.JPG
    SE03.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 111