• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Introducing The Super Rotor Invention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanElliott

Hi, I'm new here and I just came here to share a rotor concept I've been designing for years that I believe and intend to prove will be far superior to any other form of rotorcraft, hence why I call it the "Super Rotor".

The way it works is that it produces thrust with drag force instead of the lift force that conventional rotorcraft create for propulsion. What this means is that the propulsion isn't wasting most of the motor power on rotary drag but instead minimizes rotary drag most of the rotation of a blade by shielding it closely and then maximizes that blade's drag by exposing it. Not only is this far more efficient but because drag only increases with blade count it also makes the rotor extremely power dense compared to the small-number propeller blades of conventional rotorcraft. This becomes even more magnified when you consider the drag coefficient of the blades, which is much higher here as well. The end result should be phenomenal!

I'm currently building a small quadrotor to prove this concept but I couldn't wait until it's finished because this is too good to keep to myself.

SuperRotorAssembly2.jpgSuperRotorAssembly.jpgASuperRotorQuadcopterTop.jpgASuperRotorQuadcopter.jpg

Last edited:
Back