• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

XFLR5 Question: Interpolating between two Airfoils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerowerx

I was just playing around with trying to "build" a flying wing in XFLR5, based on the info in this paper by Al Bowers. I'm not trying to replicate the PRANDTL-D, but playing with my own design using the same design philosophy.

In it he states that the root is a Horten and the tip a symmetrical NACA. He also states that the airfoil blends (morphs??) gradually from one to the other from root to tip, and then gives twist values at 20 stations, including root and tip.

What I would like to know is if there is some easy way in XFLR5 to do this morphing, without having to create 20 seperate airfoils, one for each station.

I see that XFLR5 will interpolate between two foils, but I would still have to create 20 different ones.

Back