• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I know this must exist...rivet chart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Them

My search foo must be off today. I know this must exist andthe right search would find it, but I'm all near misses today.

I am looking for a chart that shows the strength and weight characteristics of different types of rivets within the same broad family, arranged by size. So it might have AN470AD 4-4 on the same row as a BPS-44 commercial blind rivet so you can see how they compare.

Why: my UltraCub has places where it doesn't really need blind rivets, and I have everything needed (tools and parts) to replace the 1/8" pop rivets in many areas with AN470AD 4-x rivets that should be lighter and certainly look better. My gut says the AN470s are stronger than the pop rivets but I'd like some facts to back that up.

Thanks,

Back