Thread: Jurca MJ9 or 3/4 scale ME109

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jurca MJ9 or 3/4 scale ME109

I need advice.

Three years ago I purchased a MJ9 project from someone. I knew the project would never fly. I wanted it for the parts and the plans. When I got home I found out the plans were not complete. It's taken me three years to finally get a complete set of plans. This search has required to trips to Germany, wasted in relationship to the plans but fun. I was finally able to put together a complete set combining some of my pages with someone else who had missing pages. I probably have over $2000 tied up in the plans. Early in this process I sent my pages into Jurca West to get what I had updated and then was told that my pages were the only pages they had. Now they want to trade me set of a different plans for a copy of my complete MJ9 plans. I feel like I am getting the short end of the deal. Any ideas what I should do or ask for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19420_527743994032047_9085643014683165799_n.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	52235  

2. Likes steveair2 liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Jurca MJ9 or 3/4 scale ME109

I would say that since those are YOUR plans, paid for and owned by you... they should pay you to copy them.

So copy and return your plans with another set of plans as payment for that copy they made (or cash, what you negotiate). Or simply return your property.

They may have the Intellectual Property as expressed by the designs on those plans, but you have the ownership of the plans themselves and the legal licenced right to build from those plans that you own.

They cannot legally keep your property, that is simple theft.

The distinction (in NZ law at least) lies between the difference between Intellectual Property (the design) and Physical Property (the plans).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They don't have the new set, but they kept the digital copy of the old set that I sent with the paper copy. Fortunately I backed it up otherwise I would have to pay to get it copied again. There is no way I'm sending them the set of plans to copy it took too much work to get them. I'm not sure what I'd do with another set plans for a different plane except sell them. There full size are $1500 and 3/4 are $750. There is not a lot of interest at those prices. I'd be lucky to get half that price.

5. Likes mthomas0147 liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yesterday I restarted this project. I rough cut the straps for the engine mounts. They were made of 4130, .125 and .063, I not looking forward to finishing them. I'll get the wood in a couple of weeks I hope. After going over the plans I realized that I have complete set of both the old version and the new one. The big difference is in the wood used, fuselage structure and landing gear. The changes were a redesign of the old revision to improve the landing gear and to make construction easier. Once I get started and working regularly I'll think about starting a project log. It's hard to keep up with the logs I already have.
    Doc Sheet.pdf

I've attempted to up the doc sheet which people could buy when the plans were available. I hope some find it interesting.

7. Likes fly2kads, steveair2 liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wiloows5050 View Post
    I've attempted to up the doc sheet which people could buy when the plans were available. I hope some find it interesting.
    That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

Now this will be a head-turner of a project! (You don't pick quick and easy projects, do you? )

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do have a couple of easy ones. A lee N11 and a airdrome Fokker DVII

Quote Originally Posted by fly2kads View Post
    That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

Now this will be a head-turner of a project! (You don't pick quick and easy projects, do you? )

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wiloows5050 View Post
    Doc Sheet.pdf

Doesn't that sheet just make you want to run out and start building? I wonder if there are any current plans or kits that have that kind of inspiration to get people building.

11. Likes steveair2 liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Sindlinger 5/8 scale hurricane had a construction booklet that you could buy with lots of pictures in it. The Doc sheet for the MJ100 use to be on line until last year.