• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Homebuilt Inspection Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

Little confused here... I received many manuals along with my plans from Chris Falconar and in one he says to leave the plywood off one side (of the rudder for example) and a call the FAA for an inspection... anyway I have the F 10 rudder nearly finished (it is larger that the Jodel D9) and tried contacting the FAA for an inspection per Chris but I'm thinking his suggestion was done years ago when the manual was written, back when things in the government at least seemed more professional... but from what I've read it seems they don't want to inspect it till it's finished and you apply for an AC ...so...I do nothing but take photos? :ponder:

Back