• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotax 914

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockiedog2

I did a search.
I'm looking for real world experience on the Rotax 914...does anybody have personal experience with those that you can pass along. I've received some negative feedback from professionals that I respect that makes me wonder about it as opposed to a 912 ULS. We have a recently acquired 914 but are in low country and don't fly high at all so don't have a need for the added performance, weight, complexity...and looking at the Rotax power/weight charts the 914 has no advantage over the 912ULS at low altitude they have virtually the same installed power/weight ratio...and the 914 weighs 20+-# more which we don't need that either.
Well, you see what I'm wondering about...we're considering getting rid of the 914 and replace with a lighter 912ULS but have to do our homework.
Any info appreciated. Thanks

Spencer

Back