• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Just when you thought it was safe....Gnat GK-7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnat

Not sure if this is the best place to post this...

After a hiatus of a "few" years due to health reasons I again began working on the Gnat design again last summer. The intent was to have the drawings ready to go for this summer or fall ie building season :gig:

For those not familiar with the design it is a single seat design, metal/composite construction. It can be built on a 6-8 foot table using basic hand tools, a pull rivet gun, and everything is bent using a cheap 40 inch bending brake. The canopy is three flat wraps. The engine can be a Briggs V-twin ~35hp up to a small 1600VW. The main building material is 6061 sheet and extrusion. The intent is something so you don't have to buy anything special tool wise or material wise. I have added a album so you can see a few details dating back to the original concept (plank/panel built composite).

The general information about the design is still basically valid and I will update as I go. My old web page is still up and has a fair amount. That is a bit stale but its on the update list as well (just not near the top)

I have tried to update my account here with some information and pictures and so on. Not having the greatest luck lol. If you have any idea what size hammer I need to hit this thing with. I tired to upload a video (avi) but the album didn't allow it and I need to delete the odd extra photo and so on. So if you know how please let me know.

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to ask.

Dave

[email protected]

Attachments

• MVC-003F.jpg
    MVC-003F.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 206
  • gnat gk7.jpg
    gnat gk7.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 275
  • BigFlatGnat.jpg
    BigFlatGnat.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 213