• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

?'s regarding this airplane pic (Band S)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lifted1

Hello fellow aviation enthusiasts, i have some questions of the pic i have attached.

Can anyone identify the engine that was used on this aircraft?

Why such a large prop for such a small engine? or should i ask how such a large engine is capable of swinging such a large prop?

also, if you zoom in on the cutout area at front of fuselage you'll see a cross section of fuselage structure. How was this fused? Was this just done with a cotton? string wrapped around different directions and then glued? Or is there something here i'm missing?

Seems like a really small engine for such a large overall air frame. Also check the wings out.....are these just strips of paper or fabric? they dont even appear to be seamed together???

would you fly something similar? lol

Attachments

• BandS.jpg~original.jpg
    BandS.jpg~original.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Back