• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mechanical Fuel Pump Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipperdu

Guys,
I have installed a mechanical fuel pump on my 37 hp half vw, on initial start the fuel pressure was over 7psi as measured at the carb, way over the 3- 3.5 I think I would like.I have started machining down the fuel pump pushrod length without any reduction of pressure noted yet and I find the pushrod will travel below the level of the insulator block, I am concerned that if the pushrod is not in constant contact with the fuel pump arm I loose any preload down on the pinion drive with maybe bad results.....anybody run into this problem?
Also, I would rather not add gaskets under the pump, it pokes up too far already!

Jon

Back