• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My extraordinary plane build ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapracer

Well after an unexpected couple of very frustrating years of delay, finally I am freeing up and able to now move forward to new horizons.

I am quietly excited to be starting on a new 2 seat, low wing, aluminium plane build that will explore ideas not seen before to enable unparalleled reductions of time and cost to build a plane. I have dropped other things I am involved in and given myself a window of 6 months full time starting from this week at which time I will assess where I will go from there with it. I hope to have a finished plane at that stage, but that isn't actually the primary goal, the primary goal is to develop and optimise the new build system that might be the foundation of the world's fastest and easiest to build, cheapest aluminium kit plane ever. Time will tell.

So I grabbed a little factory for this project last week, threw a painter at it on the weekend, got to get some new glass and other fittings this week, and yesterday arvo ordered some 4 x 1.2 build benches which to my delight, I received a picture message at 9am this morning on my phone (see attached picture). Not bad for $150 each, add some wood tops later. Hmm, I had better organise some racks for the aluminium tomorrow as well.

I have ordered and paid for my aluminium which 3/4's of it has arrived at the source and waiting for the other 1/4 on it's way. Some other metal items are already built (ok, ok, I started last week!) while other items will be sourced along the way.

Going to be a fun 6 months, so onward and upward!

factory paint.jpg

new bench.png

Back