• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Write your name/city/state/year/type on your airplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppergirl

Unless you're running drug shipments or flying something stolen or have some other compelling reason not to do so, please take ten seconds of your time today with a Sanford Marker and write your name/city/state/build year/type/type fuel/your personal name for your airplane... on your airplane... in some inconspicuous piece of metal, or where ever the standard place may be to put such information.... if you want to be fancy.... a dogtag type printed data plate such as:

Custom Embossed Metal I D Data Plate Printed on Real Military Dog Tag Machine | eBay

This could also help investigators also in the event of a crash... or if the wind blows your airplane away... or someone else ends up with your plane someday, and would like to know about its history, quirks, or tips from someone who has actually flown it... or just meet the old guy that built it and let him see it fly again when he's old, toothless, and grey.

I have no idea who built my plane, when, or where... or any connection to the builder... beyond some handmade pink lettering on the rudder...

DSC_0049x.jpg ~ DSC_0050x.jpg

Back