• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from south MS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam hensley

Hi, all. My name is Cam..I've been involved in flying for about 20 years, and finally decided to build my own Bi plane. I'm a sheet metal mechanic at a ship yard down here on the coast and I wanted to introduce myself and also ask a few questions...I'm looking to build a two place bi-plane, equipped with 120+ HP (perhaps IO 360) with decent range, and a bit of storage space as it will be a weekend flying airplane to take up for fun, and some VFR cross country. I've looked into a Skybolt, Acroduster II, and Acrosport II. My question is if there is perhaps any other builds/kits that will fit my needs that I have not come across yet, and any inside info on the three that i've listed. Any info will help. Thanks and I look forward to hearing/ meeting some other builders.

Cam

Back