• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Ultralight Pilot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wharvick2

I just wanted to introduce myself and my airplane. My name is Wayne. My aircraft is a restored FP-101 Ultralight. I have over 150hours of logged time in c-150 and c-172's mostly but for various reasons including the theft of a bag with my logbook in it, I never became a licensed pilot. Last week, I test flew my Ultralight in a slightly nose heavy and under-propped configuration. It was an uneventful first flight but led me to make several changes. It is also my first tail wheeled aircraft. That was the part I was moat concerned with. Turned out, it is possible to teach yourself how to handle a taildragger on the ground. I do admit, it was a learning curve, but with lots of grass, I eventually got the feel of the rudder dance. I plan on putting in new pitch blocks and testing again this afternoon. Pretty exciting for this big kid. I am an A&P mechanic although I work as a contractor for a living. Looking forward to getting into some of the forums and meeting other people crazy about aviation. I fly out of Spanaway WA now, but will soon be repositioning the aircraft to Snohomish Co. Harvey Field. The enclosed hanger there is twice as much, but with safety the main concern, the facility and surrounding terrain can't be beat. Happy building and Flying Adventures to you all. -- Wayne H.

Attachments

• IMG_20160130_170658.jpg
    IMG_20160130_170658.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 63
  • facebook-20160206-081732.jpg
    facebook-20160206-081732.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20160117_152903.jpg
    IMG_20160117_152903.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 60
Back