• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New/old Mini Max, will need lots of help and advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busabrye

Just purchased a used but flyable mini max, put the wings on it and started it up to check It out and get before and after pictures, $500.00 couldn't not buy it, right? Starts right up and sounds good, stripped all fabric off to inspect (it was time) found 8 loose epoxy joints in fuselage, looked like wooden braces had shrunk by 1/4 inch, repaired those and am ready to build turtledecks, modify wingtips and build cowl. Came with Cuyuna UL 2 looks to be in great shape (no log book or hour meter) compression checks good will leak check it next. Should I keep this motor or would I be better off swapping in a half VW, After fuse mods of course, Have been in contact with Dave at Team Max and also local EAA guys and a buddy of mine is an FAA inspector and technical advisor, so far have had great advice and help from all, Hope to be able to get advice thoughts from you guys as well, Wondering if I keep this motor, can I extend exhaust pipe down and place muffler at bottom side of fuse, see some Rotaxs out there with the extended pipe, will this motor be okay with it also. also need complete array of gauges to monitor this beast, so, who knows what, help guide the newb, thanks guys

Back