• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello all!!!!! glad to be here finally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very excited to be a new member here. I am an Auto shop owner specializing in LS swaps and computer tuning, as well as just an all around general auto repair shop. Working on cars for the better part of 35 years. If I can be of assistance to anyone just let me know. Let me tell you my situation. I have always wanted to build a mini max, even downloaded the plans a couple of years ago. I have the opportunity to buy one that has been built and flown.....but(yep here is the but). The owner says the wind picked it up and dropped it hard. He has bought the repair parts(cowling, various parts). There is a hole in one wing. I have yet to see the plane just in pictures, not sure what the actual damage amounts to. I am supposed to meet Saturday to look at it. I know there is no way to tell underlying damage without stripping it and recovering(which is what I had in mind). I would be buying it with no motor. It has ballistic parachute and all gauges. Is this something I should consider or is this just something you guys would say no way that's crazy. What would I be looking at as far as registering it. Since I didn't build the plane, is there anyway for me to get a repairmans certificate(I think I am asking the right question). I am like most you guys I only trust something if I do it, yes even though I have never done it, lol. Any thing you can add or tell me to look for. Things to check, things to ask....go ahead and treat me like the dummy I am at the moment:gig:. Trying not to get excited. I am a licensed pilot by the way, just haven't got to fly in a few years with rental prices so high. Thanks for any info you can share. Tim

Last edited:
Back