• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

TAYLOR TITCH on VW POWER?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DownSouth

1. Want to build a VW powered aircraft (my second plane). Looked at Sonerai I and Taylor Titch. Would very much like to build the Titch, as I prefer building an all wood aircraft (Sonerai is mostly all metal), but on searching the net I could find no reference to any VW powered Titches. All seem to use the Continetal C85 and O200? The current supplier of the Titch plans (http://www.taylortitch.co.uk) states Lycoming and Continental engines and makes no mention of the VW powerplant. The Titch and the Sonerai have similar weight, size and relatively similar geometry (there is of course differences), and since the Sonerai performs very well on VW power (in fact, was designed for / around VW powerplant) I would have expected that it should be quite possible to succesfully power the Titch on a VW. Anybody with any knowledge / insight on the matter?

2. The Titch is presented as fully aerobatic (specified +/- 6g). The Sonerai is also rated at +/- 6g and is capable of the basic +g (no inverted oil / fuel system on VW) Sportsman aerobatics (loop, roll, spin. barrel roll), however snap rolls and whip stalls and the like are not recommended. Does anybody know what kind of aerobatic manouevres the Taylor Titch is capable of?

Back